Welcome speech: Anna Sienkiewicz-Rogowska, Director of the National Film Archive
„Halka”, dir. K. Meglicki, Poland, 1929 – challenges in the restoration of sound
- „Halka” – The history of sound production.
Michał Pieńkowski, Filmographer, National Film Archive, Warsaw
- Digital restoration of soundtrack. “Halka” as a case study
Jakub Stadnik, Sound Engineer,The Fryderyk Chopin University of Music, Warsaw
Discussion Digital restoration of experience: archival sound
moderator: Elżbieta Wysocka
Head of Film Restoration and Digital Repository , National Film Archive, Warsaw
Sound Engineer, Fryderyk Chopin University of Music, Warsaw
Sound designer, CEO, Co-Founder at Soundplace
Günter A. Buchwald
Conductor and composer
Preservation, digitization and restoration of image
- Digitisation and restoration of first integral tripack colour film Kodachrome original reversal historical records.
Miloslav Novák, Director and Editor, Academy of Performing Arts in Prague
- The sound restoration of Károly Makk’s Love (1971) – a case study.
Márton Moldován, Digital Restorer, Hungarian National Film Archive, Budapest.
- Digital restoration of Finlay colour negatives from Matson Photographic Collection at the Library of Congress.
Jan Hubička, Co-founder and Director of Šechtl Šechtl & Voseček Museum of Photography in Tábor.
- Restoration and preservation of colour photography.
Petra Šemíková, Restorer, Academy of Performing Arts in Prague; Institute of Art History,
Czech Academy of Sciences, Prague
Discussion Preservation and restoration in Central European Archives
moderator: Elżbieta Wysocka, Head of Film Restoration and Digital Repository, National Film Archive, Warsaw
Monika Supruniuk, Chief Conservator of Film Collections, National Film Archive, Academy of fine Arts, Warsaw
Márton Moldován, Digital Restorer, Hungarian National Film Archive, Budapest
Miloslav Novák, Director and Editor Academy of Performing Arts in Prague
Silent Film Festival
Opening and projection
„Laila” dir. George Schnéevoigt, 165’ Norway, 1929
Live accompaniment by Günter A. Buchwald