Film Conservation Team
- providing permanent access to the film collections of the National Film Archive stored on 35 mm and 16 mm film, and also to the projection and duplicate prints intended for digitisation
- the constant monitoring, identifying and describing of the films in terms of the technical condition of the preserved / controlled film stock, maintaining the technical documentation
- ensuring the films have optimal storage condition
- carrying out professional actions to ensure the physical degradation of the film stock is delayed: examination of the decomposition of the substrate surface and the emulsion, measuring the shrinkage of the film base, defining the microbiological risks
- preserving the films: splicing them, repairing perforation, identyfication of the film base, replacing damaged "starting run-ins" and "run-outs"
- ultrasonic cleaning and fumigating of the film stock
- conservation care over the collection of films on flammable nitrate film, ie. film prints used before 1955