The collection includes:
- more than 1 000 titles of periodicals
The collection has been built up since the beginning of the National Film Archive, i.e. since 1955. It consists of pre- and post-war Polish and foreign periodicals in the field of cinema – not only dedicated to film history, theory and criticism but also to technology, distribution systems and production.
The periodicals come from subscriptions, donations and exchanges with foreign film archives.
The collection includes the following periodicals:
- France: "Positif", "Cahiers du Cinéma"
- Great Britain: "Monthly Film Bulletin", "Sight & Sound"
- Italy: "Bianco e Nero", "Cineforum"
- USA: "American Cinematographer", "Cineaste"
and film advertising yearbooks from different countries.